Due to the technical skills and experience of our staff we are represented on various scientific and technical advisory committees for German and international organisations, including:
- various European Union (EU) nuclear engineering and radiation protection advisory committees
- German Commission on Radiological Protection (SSK) and Nuclear Waste Management Commission (ESK) and their committees and working groups,
- various International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) advisory committees,
- various advisory committees of the Nuclear Energy Agency of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD/NEA),
- DIN Standards Committee – Materials Testing (formerly DIN Standards Committee – Nuclear Technology),
- VDI – The Association of German Engineers, Commission on Air Pollution Prevention,
- Deutsche Kerntechnische Gesellschaft e.V. (KTG), decommissioning expert group and
- Vereinigung Deutscher Großkraftwerksbetreiber, VGB PowerTech, nuclear facility decommissioning expert group,
- German Federation of International Mining (FAB).
Working on these committees is of great value to BRENK, firstly because it raises the company’s profile and secondly because it helps to ensure that our customers can benefit from the state of the art in science and technology, including at an international level.