40 years Brenk Systemplanung GmbH
Mr. and Mrs. Brenk founded the company in 1979, from which Brenk Systemplanung GmbH emerged in 1998.
On the occasion of the company’s 40th anniversary, a conference and evening event took place on 25.10.2019 in Pullman Aachen Quellenhof. 100 invited guests had the opportunity to gain insights into current developments and prospects for future progress in various subject areas, for which we were able to attract top-class speakers:
- Mr. Wilhelm Graf (technical managing director of BGZ Gesellschaft für Zwischenlagerung mbH) on the tasks and goals of BGZ.
- Mr. Peter Duwe (division manager at the BGE Bundesgesellschaft für Endlagerung mbH and responsible project manager for the Konrad project) on the status of the construction of the Konrad repository for low- and intermediate-level radioactive waste.
- Dr. Andrea Bock (Head of Division S II 3 in the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety) on current developments in radiation protection.
- Mr. Thomas Terstappen (District Government of Cologne: Department 53 – Immission Control) on risk-based inspection planning for the regulatory monitoring of environmentally relevant installations.
- Dr. Norbert Molitor (Managing Director of Plejades GmbH) for the implementation of the Shelter Implementation Plan for Chernobyl Block 4 by the Chernobyl Shelter Fund.
- Dr. Philip Harding (head of the Hamburg plant and project manager of Brenk Systemplanung GmbH) for the numerical optimization of logistic processes in nuclear technology.
During the conference event and in the following evening event there were numerous opportunities to establish and maintain personal contacts and to hold professional as well as personal discussions.
We thank the lecturers for their commitment and extraordinary insights into their topics and we thank all guests for their numerous, active participation.
To the next 40 years!